Our Pastor, Steve Hobbins, preached an awesome sermon tonight on what children need from their fathers. It was SO good that I decided to share the points with you! They really apply to mothers as well, but I think these are things that are especially important for our children to get from their dads.
1. Our talk. We need to talk to them, and let them talk to us.
2. Our touch. They need wrestling, hugs, tickles, etc.
3. Our tenderness. There is a time to be understanding of their feelings, and be tender.
4. Our toughness. Be firm about your rules, and consistent with discipline.
5. Our teaching and training. We can't get mad at them for doing something wrong when we've never taught them how we want it done.
6. Our time. The three crucial times to take advantage of are dinner time, travel time, and bedtime.
What a great reminder of things we can do to keep our children's hearts, and build our relationship with them!